fermin25

Questions in plural!

Question

Hello my friends. Of course I have a lot of questions:

1. Why did you have to delete all the old content and post?

2. Is the Mycents system working rigth now?

3. Why don´t you open more sub-forums to post? There is only four.

4. Is Xisto hosting working rigth now? I want to buy a domain name so I want to know.

5. Why don´t you email all the old members to let them know the forum is online again?

Edited by fermin25

2 answers to this question

Helloooo!

I will let Opaque answer more completely.

However, I can ensure you that the Xisto hosting is still working, you can buy a domain name at any moment. The Mycents systems has to be improved, as soon as posters will come back. The old contents are not deleted, simply being re-injected in a way not to create broken links.

Regards

Yordan

On 2017-5-26 at 6:24 AM, fermin25 said:

1. Why did you have to delete all the old content and post?

None of the old content and posts have been removed. I will check the permissions on those forums as they could have gotten messed up in the upgrade. 

2. Is the Mycents system working right now?

OpaQue will need to answer that but I think it has been turned off temporarily just because a few things have changed. The script may require updating, but when it does come back it will calculate all posts made.

3. Why don´t you open more sub-forums to post? There is only four.

Sub-forums can make it harder to keep the flow moving and harder to manage them all, it's quite overwhelming. Depending on the way things go, they could be reintroduced but for mobile users it adds a lot of scrolling (even for computer users).

4. Is Xisto hosting working right now? I want to buy a domain name so I want to know.

Xisto hosting and these forums are separate in the sense that if the forums no longer exist the hosting still remains. Please check out Xisto Support or log in to the client area.

5. Why don´t you email all the old members to let them know the forum is online again?

We have that in mind but it could possibly swamp us with a lot of work, since we would need to read every reply we get from thousands of members as well as dealing with e-mails that bounce back. We also don't want to be blacklisted for spamming.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer. I hope it has cleared up some of the issues you have.

On 2017-5-26 at 6:24 AM, fermin25 said: